Saturday, February 9, 2008

Music and Manure Don't Mix

Last night we were performing in Farmville at Buffalo Creek Music. Ken and I play in a band, DejaMoo, with 3 friends of ours. It was Friday and school was over (I teach elementary kids), but I had a class for recertification to attend at 4:00. Stayed until 6 and drove home, so we could leave by 6:30 to go to Farmville. Anyway, the animals still needed to be taken care of, and the boys were at their grandmother's, so I couldn't ask them, so I tromped out there in my "going out clothes". Advice: Always take the time to change your shoes when you go to the barn. You probably know where this is going......Well, I finished with the goats and chickens, jumped into the car, and within minutes an incredible funk (damn chickens!) filled the air. Right then we should've turned around for a different pair of shoes, but rationality was not to be. We continued on our way with the windows cracked. I didn't want to spread the funk all over the place, plus the other band members were complaining. So what could I do; I played shoeless and left the offensive pair out by the car. Much to my surprise, nobody commented on my lack of footwear.

1 comment:

Nunya B said...

Haha, great entry! And what an incredible photo of the garden.

~Chris